Thursday, October 8, 2015

a little taste of ice cream

When I started this blog I thought it was going to be full of stories from working in an ice cream store (JP licks). That part of my life is pretty much done, and though I haven't been posting daily stories from work, I could have been. It's been amazing far, and I'm sad it's ending. So much for unlimited free samples. Too many favorite flavors. The coworkers are awesome, and customers are always fun. Here are some of the best stories:

- I'm kind of a barista now! Not certified, but I know how to make all the drinks and make a frothy foam. Burned myself a few times though

- The stoned guy that asked me why I was giving him his ice cream (because you ordered it)

- Making mistakes with the orders and having to keep the problematic ice creams

- The drunk guy who passed out on the table

- my "modern" latte art

- free red sox game (brought a friend for free too) after working there for two days

- working in a kosher store, meeting the rabbi, and hearing lots of hebrew

- helping people decide which ice cream they want is always entertaining

- making up fake ice cream flavors

- DIPPING CONES!!!!

everybody is happy when they walk into an ice cream store. it's a social phenomenon.

i don't think my next job will be like that...